A bootable PenDrive is very important tool for install any Windows without CD/DVD. But How I Make Bootable Pendrive is very crucial question for the same. The Process of making bootable pendrive of windows or mac is very simple and fast for windows installation from it. Further in this article we are providing the complete making process of bootable pendrive and it’s precautions also.
What is Bootable Pendrive?
A bootable pendrive, also known as a bootable USB drive or bootable USB stick, is a USB flash drive that contains an operating system or software installation files, allowing a computer to boot from it and run the installed software directly without relying on the computer’s internal storage or existing operating system.
When you create a bootable pendrive, you copy the necessary files from an ISO image of an operating system or software onto the USB drive. This allows you to install or run the software on any compatible computer by simply booting from the USB drive.
Bootable pendrives are widely used for various purposes, including:
Operating system installation: Bootable USB drives are commonly used to install or reinstall operating systems on computers. They provide a convenient method to boot into the installation environment and guide you through the installation process. System recovery and troubleshooting: Bootable USB drives can contain system recovery tools or diagnostic utilities, which can help repair or troubleshoot computer issues when the operating system is not functioning correctly. Portable operating system: Some users prefer to carry their own customized operating system on a bootable USB drive. This allows them to boot into their preferred environment on any computer without leaving a trace on the host system. Software deployment: Bootable USB drives are used by system administrators or IT professionals to deploy software or perform maintenance tasks on multiple computers. They can boot into a specialized environment and automate software installations or system configurations.
Creating a bootable pendrive involves properly formatting the USB drive and copying the necessary files onto it. The process may vary depending on the operating system or software you want to make bootable and the tools you use for the creation.
How I Make Bootable Pendrive Step by Step?
To make a bootable pendrive, you’ll need a few things:
USB flash drive: Ensure you have a USB drive with sufficient capacity (at least 8GB) to hold the bootable files. ISO file: Obtain the ISO file of the operating system or software you want to make bootable. You can download ISO files from Official websites or other trusted sources.
Creating Bootable PenDrive By Rufus Software
Once you have these prerequisites, you can follow these steps to create a bootable USB drive:
Note:- Backup any important data from the USB drive, as the process will erase all existing data on it.
1. First of all You have to Insert USB Pen drive into your PC/Laptop USB port. 2. Format the USB drive: Open the File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) and right-click on the USB drive. Select "Format" and choose the appropriate file system (e.g., FAT32 or exFAT) for compatibility. Give it a name and click on "Format" to proceed. Note that formatting will erase all data on the USB drive, so make sure you have backed up any important files. 3. Download bootable PenDrive creation tool. There are several reliable tools available, such as Rufus (for Windows), Etcher (for Windows, Mac, and Linux), or UNetbootin (for Windows, Mac, and Linux). Choose the tool that suits your operating system. 4. Launch the USB creation tool and select the ISO file you downloaded. Ensure that the tool recognizes the USB drive you inserted. 5. Configure the tool settings, if required. Generally, the default settings will work properly. However, you may have options to adjust partition schemes, file system formats, or other settings based on your requirements. 6. Start the creation process by clicking on the "Create" or "Start" button within the tool. The tool will copy the necessary files from the ISO to the USB drive. This process might take a minutes, so be calm down and wait. 7. Once the tool completes the process and shows a success message, you can safely eject the USB drive from your computer.
Now Your bootable USB Pen Drive is ready to use. You can insert it into a computer and restart or boot from it to install the operating system or use the software you selected. Remember to adjust your computer’s boot settings, if necessary, to prioritize booting from the USB drive.
—Please Note that the exact steps may vary slightly depending on the specific tool and operating system you are using, but the general concept remains the same.—
Creating Bootable PenDrive By Command Prompt(CMD)
Interesting thing is, that we can create Bootable Pendrive by Command prompt (CMD). By CMD we have to use ‘Diskpart’ command, which was operate from CMD ‘run as administrator’.
We have some easy steps for creating Bootable Pendrive by Command prompt (CMD) which are as follow:
1. First of all Plug USB Pendrive/ flash drive into a PC/Laptop.
2. Now open Command Prompt (CMD) window as an ‘run as administrator’ mode.
3. Now on CMD window type ‘diskpart’ command.
4. At CMD window, Generally disk 1 is marked for Pendrive, which we can confirm by type list disk
command and after all this, type select disk 1 command and Enter.
5. For deletion all existing data in pendrive we have to type command
clean, and the click Enter.
6. Now type ‘create partition primary’ command, which make disk primary.
7. Now type select partition 1 command for select primary partition.
8. Before going further we need to Format our Pendrive/Flash drive with ntfs format, By running
format fs=ntfs command and then Enter.
9. Now type active command for mark primary bootable partition as active.
10. Now type Exit command for getting exit from diskpart.
11. Now finally copy all data from Windows/Mac OS installation disk to new created bootable Pendrive.
—Now Your Bootable Pendrive is ready to use and you can install windows from it easily.—
Precaution While Creating Bootable Pen Drive
When creating a bootable pendrive, it’s important to take certain precautions to ensure a successful and error-free process. Here we are providing some precautions to keep in mind:
1. Use a reliable source for the ISO file: Obtain the ISO file from official sources or trusted websites to ensure it hasn't been tampered with or modified. Downloading ISO files from unverified sources can introduce security risks or result in an incomplete or corrupted file. 2. Verify the integrity of the ISO file: After downloading the ISO file, verify its integrity by comparing its checksum or hash value with the one provided on the official website. This ensures that the file hasn't been corrupted during the download process. 3. Backup your data: Before creating a bootable pen drive, make sure to backup any important data on the USB drive. The process will format the drive and erase all existing data, so it's crucial to have a backup to avoid losing any important files. 4. Use a sufficiently large USB drive: Ensure that the USB drive you use has enough capacity to hold the bootable files. Check the requirements of the operating system or software you're installing to determine the minimum recommended size. It's generally recommended to use a USB drive with at least 8GB of capacity to accommodate most bootable installations. 5. Follow instructions carefully: Different tools and operating systems may have specific instructions for creating a bootable pen drive. Read the documentation or follow step-by-step guides provided by the tool or operating system to ensure you perform the process correctly. Pay attention to any specific settings or options that need to be configured. 6. Use a reliable USB creation tool: Choose a reputable and trustworthy tool for creating the bootable pen drive. Popular tools like Rufus, Etcher, or UNetbootin are commonly used and have good user feedback. Using a reliable tool minimizes the chances of errors or compatibility issues during the creation process. 7. Safely eject the USB drive: After the bootable pen drive is created, make sure to properly eject the USB drive from your computer. Use the "Eject" or "Safely Remove Hardware" option in your operating system to ensure that all data is written to the drive and there's no risk of data corruption.
By following these precautions, you can help ensure a smooth and successful creation of a bootable pendrive without any data loss or issues during the process.
In conclusion, a bootable pendrive, also known as a bootable USB drive, is a USB flash drive that contains an operating system or software installation files. It allows a computer to boot from the USB drive and run the installed software without relying on the computer’s internal storage or existing operating system.
To create a bootable pendrive, you need a reliable source for the ISO file, which can be downloaded from official websites or trusted sources. It’s important to verify the integrity of the ISO file using checksum or hash values.
Hope!! You will get all important and Valuable Information about “Easy 7 Steps Of How I Make Bootable Pendrive For Windows and Mac OS”.
Always Stay connected with itechnoinfo.com for getting more effective & Working solutions.
Also Valuable Read:Share to Help