Hello friends!! Today we are providing you some important knowledge about How to Partition c drive in Windows 10/11. Partitions is the basic need of an HDD/SSD for using any windows and software, because without doing partitions in Storage device we cannot do anything in our PC/Laptop.
Partitioning a HDD/SSD drive is important on Windows 11/10 because it helps to you for better organize your files, folders and important data and allows you to perfectly separate storage(SSD/HDD) for programs , data files, and all operating systems.
On the other side, partitioning your HDD/SSD drive can be compound if you not done correctly and systematically, because its most harmful for data loss during the disk partitioning process. Further we are able to know about How to Partition c drive in Windows 10/11 in simple methods.
Our extensive guide will help to you about disk partition windows 10. We’ll also go over & know how the partitioning process will be safe for PC/Laptop.
Further we know about ‘How to Partition c drive in Windows 10/11’, its meaning and complete process of How do I partition my C drive?.
Part 1. Meaning of Hard Drive Partitioning
The meaning of Partitioning a hard drive/ssd drive is “dividing a physical hdd/ssd into several partitions” and managing the hard drive by extending, deleting, shrinking, creating partitions, and changing partition size, label, location, drive letter etc.
Why is it necessary to partitioning a hard drive/ssd drive? Here we are getting some of the most common reasons for partition a new or existing hard drive/ssd drive for getting the answer of How to Partition c drive in Windows 10/11 Easy Steps :-
- Run one or more(Multiple) operating systems: If you want to run different operating systems(more then one) on the same PC/Laptop, you have to need minimum 2 separate partitions for install dual OS on separated partition because both of OS system requires its partition.
- Better data Manage: After partitioning a hard disk drive into many logical drive(like d: , e: , f:) partitions, you could more safely manage and organize your data on each and every partitions.
- Partitioning types: There are several types of Partition system like FAT,FAT32,NTFS which was generally use of an home and organization. NTFS is most common partition type which was use and support all latest operating systems.
Part 2: How do I split my C drive into multiple drives?
Disk Management, is in-built tool or utility in Windows11/10/8/7, which can partition a hard drive with formatting in all versions of Windows.
Note: Before partitioning a hard drive with Disk Management, you should know that it has different features in different Windows operating systems.
- By using Disk Management in Windows 11/10/8/7, Vista, and Windows Server 2008 we can shrink volume, extend volume, create volume, delete volume, and format volume on a hard disk drive.
- Disk Management in Windows 2000/XP and Windows Server 2003 can only create a partition, delete a partition, format a partition, and change the drive letter on a hard drive.
Now we are giving you step by step procedure about How to Partition c drive in Windows 10/11.
Partition New/old Hard Drive from Disk Management.
Here we are providing to you step by step easy, working and effective procedure for How to Partition c drive in Windows 10/11, New or OD installed hdd/ssd drive disk which are as follow:-
For Setup New HDD/SSD
Step 1:- First of all Right-click on My Computer/This PC >> then click on Manage >> then Device Manager >> and last click on Disk Management.
Step 2:- Now Setup New HDD/SSD drive disk, You can get New Disk in this stage which was shown on below image(For getting answer about how to partition c drive in windows 10)
First Right Click on disk icon and click on Initialize Disk :-
Step 3. After click Initialize, disk has been initialized and we can get our SSD/HDD for create partition condition.
Now Right-click on the unallocated space for make a new partition and select New Simple Volume.
Then, next screen we have to select the volume size, drive letter, and file system, after that Our New Partition has been created.
For Setup Existing OS installed Old HDD/SSD
Step 1. Launch Disk Management by right click on my computer>>Manage
Step 2. Now Partition your hdd/ssd then Right-click on the partition first and follow method:
- Select Shrink Volume option, enter the partition size and press Shrink to confirm.
2. We can also Extend Volume size. For proceed this, same right click on Extend volume, click Next and add the unallocated space to the target partition.
At last click on press Next and Finish.
3. Now Choose New Simple Volume, click Next, then specify the new partition size, drive letter, and file system then Tap Finish.
4. If you want to delete a volume, easily you can Select Delete Volume option and Press Yes.
5. You can also change drive letter by Select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”. To change the drive letter for your partition, select it and enter desired drive letter click on Change button.
Note:-Hope you will get best solution regarding ‘How to Partition c drive in Windows 10/11’ .
Step 3. How To Partition a Hard Drive Without Formatting?(From Third party Software)
You can use third-party disk partition manager software, such as Free Partition Magic for Windows, to partition a hard drive without formatting. It is compatible with all Windows versions 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista versions (32-bit and 64-bit).
In addition, it have also various features like “Merge Partition, Split Partition, Move Partition, Allocate Free Space, Quick format, Low Level Format” etc.
Warning:- Before using third party software, kindly first make sure for prevent and save your important data & files.
Hope you will fixed it!! .Stay connected with itechnoinfo.com for more effective and working solutions.Share to Help