Windows Defender is one of the free built-in, extensive antivirus tool with authentic protection. However, there are some disadvantage that It is resource-comprehensive, and it will always run in the background as a background process. Further we know How to Turn off windows Defender.
For switching off windows defender, there are one way is disabled it permanently.
If you have not requirement for it, there are many working ways to disable it permanently. Further we read three methods for deactivate Windows Defender for good performance of computer system.
Further we know about How to Turn off Windows Defender in easy steps.
How to Turn off Windows Defender
There are not any process to permanently disable Defender. If you turn it off in the Virus & threat protection settings, it will revert to On after a short while and without warning.
Although, there are various ways to disable/turn off the setting, but we are providing you only 3 easy steps for disable/turn off Windows defender which are as follows:-
Step 1:- Disable Windows Defender from Windows Security
Windows security always provide us best and simple options for manage all security categories. It has various options for managing it. Here we are guide you about How to Turn off Defender by Windows Security options:
- First right click on Taskbar Windows Security button>>Then click on View security dashboard.
- At Home Window>>Select and Click Virus & threat protection.
- In Virus & threat protection>> Click on Mange settings.
- Now toggle the slider “off” Real-time Protection setting and click on Yes.
- We can Add or Remove exclusions for any program or .exe by scroll down and select Exclusions.
- In Exclusions window we can add any file or folder which we want to excluded from windows defender.
By following these steps we can easily Turn off Real-time protection of Windows defender and also use exclusions option for add/remove any files and folder from it.
Further we teach and guide you about How to Turn off Windows Defender by easy & working second step.
Step 2:- Disable Windows Defender by using Group policy
The second step for disable windows Defender by using the Group Policy Settings security tool. For turn off windows defender, we just follow this working steps:
- First click on Start button>> type Settings>>then Click on it.
- On the Left side pane select Privacy & security>>Virus & threat protection on right side.
- In Virus & threat protection window>>click on Manage settings.
- Now Scroll down>> Select Tamper Protection>>toggle the slider to Off and click on Yes.
- Further Now on the taskbar>>press Win+R button>>then type gpedit.msc command for opening Group Policy editor>> Finally click on left side Administrative Templates.
- In Administrative Templates>>click on right side Windows Components>>click on it.
- Now Scroll down>>click on Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
- Now select right side Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
- Now Right-click>> choose Edit option.
- Check the Enabled box>> Apply>> OK.
- Scroll down>>select Real-time Protection>>click on it to open.
- Right click on Real-time Protection>>select Edit button
- Check the Enabled box>> Apply>> OK.
Now you have been completely configured the Group Policy by group policy editor for Disable/Turnoff Windows defender.
Note:- Please be make sure before doing any editing/changes in Group policy, because it can be cause of data loss/corrupt or Operating system not working properly.
Thats all!! Hope after applying these simple and working steps you will be able to disable/turn off Defender and sort out your issues immediately.
Hope you will get and done it!! .Stay connected with itechnoinfo.com for more effective and working solutions.Share to Help