Generally Operating systems throw errors whenever they encounter issues, “Access Denied Folder Error” is one of them that require your attention. However, if you tensed upon the error, you certainly tried to open your important files or folders.
If you see Access Denied Folder Error messages on Windows 10 when you are trying to access a file or folder, we’ll provides you some steps to resolve this. Solution for this error are similar for Windows 10 or 11.
Note:- Before going ahead, We strongly recommend that you should Create system restore point. From This way, you can revert Windows to a Safe stage as earlier in case your system get corrupted anything up.
Possible Solution For Access Denied Folder Error
You might be find it very strange when Windows tells you that you don’t have permission to access Particular folder or file on your own computer system. Generally, this is a answer of a permission configuration in the NTFS which all versions of NTFS file system supported Windows uses by default.
Here we are providing you “Access Denied Folder Error” possible solution for easily access the folder which was important for doing work. Easy 5 Fixes for the same are as follow:
1. Login User “as administrator”
If you have multiple user profiles and all users logged in to the windows, so kindly make sure that you’re not logged in as a guest or limited rights user which are not able to attempting open files, folders or applications. Instead all of this, log out and logging back with administrator rights user.
On the other end, you know very well that Only administrators can have rights to access files and folders that belong to another user. So login user as administrator rights is must for access any folder or files and avoid .
2. Take Ownership For Fixing Access Denied Folder Error
If you are facing this error for open a particular file or folder but you can’t do it anymore, it may be because you lost their ownership of that particular file or folder. Some steps for take Ownership for the same as follow:
- Right-click on the folder and click on Properties>> Select Security tab>> then open Advanced tab.
- Now Click on Change.
- When we write Administrator in the box, then click on Check Names button, after all press OK to confirm. We can also write user account instead of Administrator manually.
- When Owner add in permissions, enable Replace owner on subcontainers and objects by check in check box and finally Apply.
- Hoping your Access denied folder error has been resolved, if still you are facing the same you have to enable ‘Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object‘ and Apply and OK.
3. Check File Corruption By “SFC” Scan
Certain times some files may become corrupted by any reason if they remains opened when your operating system crashed or power cut. System File corruption is one of the reasons of receive the Access Denied error message in Windows 10.
Everyone knows, It’s usually impossible task to repair corrupted system files, so we have to restore a backup point or revert Windows to a previous system restore point, earlier to the corruption stage.
On the other end Windows also provides one command which scan the system file errors and repaired it automatically. Following command and process are as follow:
- Run CMD ‘as administrator’ rights.
- On Black window type sfc /scannow as per below image.
- Now wait for till progress bar 100% completed.
- After process completed, restart needed must.
4. Check File Encryption
Another possible reason for Access denied error that, your Folder’s contents are encrypted. As you may already know that, encryption of a file protects a file by only granting someone with the key to view and use it accordingly.
You can encrypt or decrypt folder contents in latest versions of Windows, though this unique feature is only available in MS windows Professional and above versions.
For Doing this encryption process we have to follow some steps with image file for understanding you better are as follow:
- Right click on Folder and click on Properties.
- In General tab, select Advanced button.
- Here we need to Check the status of Encrypt contents to secure data, either is select or not.
- If it was selected, then unchecked it and click on OK
5. Disable User Account Control (UAC)
Sometimes due to Disable User Account Control (UAC), we will face access denied error. This UAC setting controls all setting which belong to user account control. It also controls user settings that which application and update allow for install and updation. This is very unique type of setting which controls all notified controls.
As per below image we have to change notify setting from Always notify to Never Notify. This Never notify setting allows to user changes any setting of a folder without any confirmation message or notification which was related to security of a folder.
Hope!! You will get all important and Possible Solutions about “Access Denied Folder Error”.
Always Stay connected with itechnoinfo.com for getting more effective & Working solutions.
Also Read:Share to Help